Certifications and Experience:
- CrossFit Certified Trainer- Level 1
- FireFighter/ EMT-Basic for City of Springfield
- Associates Degrees in- Arts, Fire Science and General Education
- Concerts, fun runs and local CrossFit competitions, hanging out with my Boston Terrier
- My journey into CrossFit began in the summer of 2013. Friends of mine had planned a destination wedding in Jamaica, and I had at least 20 (if not 30) pounds I didn’t want to take with me. My solution was the same as many people, I went to the nearest globo gym and ran on the treadmill for hours on end. And that was fine. I lost weight. But it was boring, and I still couldn’t do a pull-up. I began doing basic circuit training with friends, and that eventually led to us discovering CrossFit “WODs” online. We’d come into the gym every day with workouts we found due to the open source nature of CrossFit. And that was fine. I got lean. But I couldn’t lift very much in the olympic style lifts used so often in CrossFit. I finally made the plunge and joined my first official affiliate in September of 2014, where Zack Serrano was a head coach. I began making fast progress, and there was no going back. Zack eventually left to form Rail Splitter CrossFit with two of my fellow firefighters, Sonny and Catlin. I followed along in the fall of 2015, and immediately knew that I wanted to be a bigger part of this environment. It wasn’t very long afterwards that I had taken and passed my CrossFit Level 1 course, and was able to start giving back to this fitness community that I had embraced so much.